A Workshop for the Infrastructure Sector
The Fraser Basin Council is inviting management and operational staff who are responsible for infrastructure in the Lower Mainland to attend a workshop on November 5, 2018 in Vancouver to discuss flood hazards, infrastructure risk and opportunities for risk reduction in the Lower Mainland.
The purpose of this session is to:
• Brief participants on key elements on the Lower Mainland Flood Management Strategy, including:
- Phase 1 results on flood scenarios, flood vulnerability across the region (with a focus on infrastructure), and the state of flood protection dikes and other flood management policies and practices
- Current activities and next steps in strategy development including hydraulic modelling and mapping, additional vulnerability and risk assessment, identification of regional priorities, evaluation of flood mitigation options, and funding.
• Seek input on the Strategy to date. How can the interests and concerns of the infrastructure sector be integrated into a regional flood strategy, including the implementation of the strategy?
• Explore opportunities for data-sharing and flood risk analyses that would be of value to, and undertaken in collaboration with, the infrastructure sector.
Who should attend?
If your organization is responsible for infrastructure in the Lower Mainland, this is a valuable opportunity to learn more about flood risks and to provide input on how your sector is impacted.
This workshop is open to those working in infrastructure sectors in the Lower Mainland, such as transportation, water, wastewater, energy, healthcare and telecommunications. It will be of interest to managers in infrastructure organizations who would like to learn more about, provide input to, and/or collaborate on the Lower Mainland Flood Management Strategy, as well as to operational staff who are familiar with infrastructure assets and potential flood-related vulnerabilities.
We hope you can join us to discuss the current and future phases of the flood strategy and how the interests and input of the infrastructure sector can inform the strategy and its implementation. An agenda and background information will be circulated in mid-October.
Registration is complimentary, however, pre-registration is required and seating is limited.
If you have any questions about registration or logistics, please contact Jessica Shoubridge: email@example.com
For questions respecting the workshop agenda, please contact Steve Litke, Senior Program Manager at the Fraser Basin Council: firstname.lastname@example.org |
604 488- 5358.