WESTAC is hiring
June 22, 2017 | Category: careers
Administrative Coordinator (Part-time position)
The Western Transportation Advisory Council (WESTAC) is seeking a part-time Administrative Coordinator to join our small team. The successful candidate will work in our downtown Vancouver office 2-3 days per week. There is flexibility in the days and hours of work. The Coordinator must also be available to work additional days leading up to and during events (usually in mid-late April and mid-late October) and for training purposes. Working remotely is not possible for this position.
The Administrative Coordinator plays an important role in ensuring that office is run well, member service excels and events are executed successfully. This position supports a small professional staff in a range of duties including administrative support, communications support, and event coordination. While direct reporting is to the President and CEO, the coordinator will support other staff when performing duties associated with communications and day-to day administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the administrative functions of the office and maintain organization’s office systems, business processes and databases.
- Assist in the logistics of WESTAC events: research venues, prepare contracts liaise with sales and banquet staff, etc. Prepare and manage production of event materials. Handle on-site registrations.
- Provide coordination, logistical and administrative support for staff meetings and schedules. Make travel arrangements.
- Prepare correspondence and review internal draft documents
- Assist with managing content on the website
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in administrative positions including event planning
- an undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- proficient with a range of Mac & web-based computer technologies such as Microsoft Office, Filemaker (or other database application), Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, etc.
- A friendly and professional style with a positive can-do attitude
- A team player that is resourceful and creative
- Poised and diplomatic - able to comfortably interact with senior executives
- Collaborative and service oriented mindset
- Takes initiative and anticipates needs
- Good communication skills – written and oral
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently
- Likes dogs!
The Coordinator will be expected to travel out of the province a minimum of twice a year.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Casual, flexible and collegial environment
- Professional development opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will start immediately. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Start date: as soon as possible.